Jefferson joined Sellers, Galenbeck & Nelson in 2018, as an associate of Attorney Michael Sellers and Attorney Trent Nelson, where he focuses primarily on administrative law and public policy. As an attorney for Sellers, Galenbeck & Nelson, Jefferson has worked on a variety of cases dealing with many state regulatory agencies, including the Iowa Board of Medicine, Iowa Board of Pharmacy, Iowa Board of Social Work, Iowa Board of Nursing, Iowa Board of Cosmetology, the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services, at all levels of review and in litigation in Iowa district and Appellate courts.
Jefferson graduated from Drake University Law School in 2016. While attending Drake, he earned the Legislative Practice and Constitutional Law and Civil Rights Certificates and was recognized by his peers for his work ethic on the Student Bar Association.
He also holds a Master of Arts in Political Science from Iowa State University. While there he wrote and published his thesis, “Law, politics, and the creation of public policy: How the two can come together and create better public policy,” where he examined the process of how law, politics and public policy come together and create the laws that govern over society.
Jefferson is a member of the Polk County Bar Association, Iowa State Bar Association, and American Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in Iowa and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa. Jefferson is an Iowan through and through and is happy to be able to represent the people of Iowa.
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: Legislative Practice and Constitutional Law and Civil Rights Certificates
- Honors: Student Bar Association
- Iowa State University
- Master of Arts
- Honors: “Law, politics, and the creation of public policy: How the two can come together and create better public policy”
- Major: Political Science
- Polk County Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Administrative Law
- Public Policy
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa